Guidance For Parents & Guardians
Becoming a daughter of God only happens through Jesus Christ (Romans 3:20-23). If we don’t have Him, we are truly fatherless; and more importantly, we forfeit eternal security (1 John 5:11-13). Is it time to give your life to Him? First, acknowledge these things:
1. Jesus Christ is God (John 10:30, John 1:1, 14)
2. He came to earth as a man to live the sinless life we couldn’t (1 John 3:5, John 10:36)
3. He died in your place so you wouldn’t get the punishment you deserved (1 Peter 2:24)
4. You need Jesus Christ as your Savior and Lord to live through you (John 15:4-5 )
Then, invite God into your life through salvation in Christ (Romans 10:9-10) right where you are, right now, by saying this:
Father God, my sins have separated me from You and I truly want to turn away from my sinful life, toward You. Please forgive me, and help me live a life You approve of. I believe that Your Son Jesus Christ died for my sins, was resurrected by You from the dead, is alive and is the only way that I can come to You. I invite Jesus to become the Lord of my life, to rule and reign in my heart from this point forward. Please send Your Holy Spirit to help me obey You and do Your will for the rest of my life. I trust You to make me complete and I receive Your matchless love. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.
If you’ve prayed that prayer and meant it, you are now a follower of Jesus, a daughter of God, and your eternal salvation is secure! Whether you feel a warmness, fluttering, or any other mystical emotion doesn’t change that fact. Welcome to the family of God. Now is the time to do these things:
- Pray for God to guide you to a Bible-teaching church to get baptized and grow in His Word.
- Begin praying everyday, thanking God for who He is, and for Him to continue to direct your path and show you how to access His power for every-day right-living.
- Get help if you’re struggling with a specific issue that is taking a severe toll on the quality of your life.
- Now, you are and forever will be brand new (2 Corinthians 5:17)
- Now, you can do all things through Christ (Philippians 4:13)